Workshops & Events
- Joint COPIM and OPERAS-P Scandinavia workshop, September 30, 2020
- Joint COPIM and OPERAS-P Poland workshop, August 13, 2020
- Joint COPIM, open-access.network and OPERAS-P workshop, July 30, 2020
- COPIM Libraries & Publishers US Workshop, July 07, 2020
- COPIM Experimental Publishing Workshop, July 01, 2020
- COPIM Libraries & Publishers UK Workshop, June 16, 2020
- COPIM Libraries & Publishers US Workshop, May 13, 2020
- COPIM Community Governance Workshop, May 01, 2020
- COPIM Publishers Workshop, March 16, 2020
- Work Packages
The project consolidates existing relationships among the partners into a major strategic collaboration that will enhance the impact of research internationally. At the same time, COPIM promotes a community-based approach for the collaboration of academic institutions and industry stakeholders. Finally, it develops innovative approaches for knowledge exchange activities to facilitate sustainable and workable transitions to an open publication ecosystem for monographs and to ensure a diverse ecology of publishers.
Photo by Jordan McDonald on Unsplash
COPIM will benefit the general public and the economy by maximising the dissemination and impact of world-leading research. The adoption of COPIM’s infrastructures, business models, preservation structures, and governance procedures, will enable economic sustainability and enhanced capacities, at smaller and larger scales, for open access books. It will offer Higher Education institutions and Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences researchers sustainable publishing models they control, increased publishing options, and cost-reductions to build a more horizontal and co-operative knowledge sharing community.