Workshops & Events
- Joint COPIM and OPERAS-P Scandinavia workshop, September 30, 2020
- Joint COPIM and OPERAS-P Poland workshop, August 13, 2020
- Joint COPIM, open-access.network and OPERAS-P workshop, July 30, 2020
- COPIM Libraries & Publishers US Workshop, July 07, 2020
- COPIM Experimental Publishing Workshop, July 01, 2020
- COPIM Libraries & Publishers UK Workshop, June 16, 2020
- COPIM Libraries & Publishers US Workshop, May 13, 2020
- COPIM Community Governance Workshop, May 01, 2020
- COPIM Publishers Workshop, March 16, 2020
- Work Packages
COPIM (Community-led Open Publication Infrastructures for Monographs) is an international partnership of researchers, universities, librarians, open access book publishers and infrastructure providers. It is building community-owned, open systems and infrastructures to enable open access book publishing to flourish.
The landscape of open access book publishing stands at a crossroads: one avenue leads to the monopolisation of open access book publishing by commercial publishers and for-profit intermediaries while the other opens up a more diverse, scholar-led, community-owned, and not-for-profit publishing ecosystem.
COPIM is a project dedicated towards supporting these second sets of possibility. It does so by delivering major improvements in the infrastructures used by open access book publishers and those publishers making a transition to open access books. COPIM’s innovations will enable more productive collaborations between people (including librarians, publishers, and researchers) in the open access landscape and expand opportunities to develop the skills necessary to run open access publishing operations.